All tenants and contractors hired by Commercial Properties Limited or by tenants of Commercial Properties Limited (CPL) owned/managed buildings are required to review and adhere to the following guidelines. This information is provided to ensure contractors/service providers are better informed on what their scope of work needs to allow for, when performing work in CPL owned/managed buildings. These requirements allow us to ensure safety, comfort, and that all standards are adhered to.
- Contractors must have proof of WHSCC and $2,000,000 coverage insurance liability.
After hours work must have a CPL staff member or security guard present unless otherwise approved by Landlord. Security guard firm must be approved by landlord and the cost of security guard services are the responsibility of contractor.
Delivery and removal of construction material/equipment inside building must be done outside normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. ? 6:00 p.m.) unless otherwise indicated by Landlord. The refuse bins for garbage/cardboard designated for building operation are not to be used by contractors.
Designated service elevator (typically #1 elevator) is the only elevator to be used by contractors. To avoid damages, elevator must have protective pads installed and extra cladding on floor and walls may be required by landlord’s request.
Corridor and doors will require protection when unloading/loading material through building. This also includes security desks or other fixtures that are in the area of traffic.
Hardhats, safety boots and safety glasses are required on the job site during work.
Core drilling is not permitted. Alternate plans are to be approved by CPL before work commences.
Sprinkler system shutdowns require 24 hour notice to Landlord. Fire watch to be provided when sprinkler systems are down for extended periods of time in occupied spaces.
FCC Electrical will do all electrical work required in job scope of work. This includes work to be done for tenants in Commercial Properties Limited managed/owned buildings.
A preferred contractor trade list is available from CPL.
Access cards can be provided only at the request of the General Contractor looking after the job and will require 24 hour notice for the cards to be activated and printed, all cards will then be available to pick up from Commercial Properties’ reception.
Contractors are required to provide all tools and safety equipment needed to complete job. This includes step ladders.
Emergency evacuation procedures are to be reviewed with workers and the evacuation plan is to be posted in work area.
The scope of work, including stamped drawings, is to be approved by Landlord before work begins. This includes any work that is strictly for Tenants in CPL buildings. A Safe Work Permit from the Landlord is reqired.
Lobbies are not laydown areas for tools and equipment or materials.
BRUNSWICK HOUSE: The Loading Zone on Chipman Hill is not a parking area for contractors. There is one onsite parking place for contractors and several nearby that can be arranged through Commercial Properties 1?877?536?6600.
Commercial Properties Limited is committed to the environmental building management standard BOMA BESt. To achieve and maintain certification in accordance with BOMA BESt criteria, the following guidelines must be adhered to by contractors working in BOMA BESt certified buildings and buildings which Commercial Properties intends to certify. The list of buildings can be found in Appendix A or by calling 1?877?536?6600.
In accordance with BOMA BESt Version 2 Best Practice: Waste Reduction Q.7:
- Materials should be reused wherever possible. If they cannot be reused internally, they should be donated to the nearest Habitat for Humanity ReStore or a similar charity. This could include the following materials:
OSB & Plywood
Wood Beams and Posts
- Materials which cannot be reused internally or donated should be sorted on?site and recycled. This includes metals, wood, oil, paint, corrugated cardboard, and roofing shingles.
- Contractors must be able to provide dated proof of the above practices.
In accordance with BOMA BESt Version 2 Best Practice: Environmental Management System
- Contractors should consider the following criteria when selecting building materials:
o Avoiding materials that will result in excessive scrap material because of sizing needs.
o Salvaging usable materials during demolition.
o Selecting materials that have high recycled content.
o Selecting renewable materials.
o Selecting materials with low embodied energy and low maintenance
o Selecting low off?gassing carpeting and furnishings.
- Contractors must be able to provide dated proof of purchase of these materials.
Indoor Air Quality
In accordance with BOMA BESt Version 2 Indoor Air Quality Q. 18.104.22.168.1:
- Procedures should be in place to avoid releasing throughout the building, dust and hazardous products used in construction.
- Adhesives should have a low VOC content.
- Paints and sealants, at a minimum, should have a VOC content in accordance with the CEPA Volatile Organic Compound Concentration Limits in Architectural Coatings Regulation (SOR/2009?264).
- Paints should be Green Seal certified whenever possible.
- Carpeting should be environmentally certified through an Environmental Carpet Testing Program such as the Carpet and Rug Institute’s Green Label Carpet Testing Program.
- Non?carpet, finished flooring should be environmentally certified.
- Composite Panels and agri?fibre products should contain no added ureaformaldehyde resins.
In accordance with BOMA BESt Version 2 Environmental Management System Documentation
Q.6.1.6 and Emissions: Hazardous Materials Q. 22.214.171.124 and Q. 126.96.36.199:
- Before commencing work, inquire with CPL to determine if there are known hazardous materials onsite, in which case a Contractor Notification and Acknowledgement Form must be completed.
- Should any hazardous material, such as asbestos, be encountered on the job site, the contractor should cease work and contact Commercial Properties Limited.
- For any hazardous products used during construction, MSDS sheets must be available.
In accordance with BOMA BESt Version 2 Q.2.2.1, Q.2.2.2, and Q.2.2.4, the following
specifications should be met unless otherwise approved by Commercial Properties Limited.
- Low flow toilets (4.8 L/flush, 1.27 G/flush or less)
- Ultra low flush urinals (1.9 L/flush, 0.5 G/flush or less)
- Low flow aerators for faucets (2 L/min, 0.5 GPM or less at 60 PSI)